Tennessee Business Aviation Association (TnBAA) Scholarship for Tennessee Residents
Overview: The Tennessee Business Aviation Association (TnBAA) is committed to fostering the growth and development of future professionals in business aviation. We are proud to offer a scholarship of $2,500 to support and encourage students who are residents of Tennessee, irrespective of where they attend school, to further their educational aspirations within business aviation.
- Residency: Must be a current resident of Tennessee. Proof of residency is required.
- Education: Must hold sophomore status or above, including graduate students, at any accredited institution, whether in Tennessee or elsewhere. We will also consider applicants who are attending a Part 141 flight school who show a genuine interest in pursuing a career in business aviation.
- Academic Standing: Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Enrollment Status: Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Career Interest: Must express a genuine interest in pursuing a career in business aviation, demonstrated through an essay, course selection, or prior internships/work experience.
- Previous Awards: Prior recipients are not disqualified from receiving the award, but cannot receive the award two consecutive years in a row.
- A completed Scholarship Application form.
- Proof of Tennessee residency (e.g., driver's license, voter registration, utility bills).
- Transcripts or academic records confirming GPA.
- A personal statement or essay detailing interest and aspirations in business aviation (not exceeding 500 words).
- (Optional but recommended) Letters of recommendation or reference from teachers, employers, or professionals in the business aviation field.
Benefits to Recipients:
- A scholarship amount of $2,500 to cover educational expenses.
- A 12-month student membership to the Tennessee Business Aviation Association.
- An invitation to attend at least one meeting of the Tennessee Business Aviation
- Association during the academic year of their award, offering networking and professional development opportunities.
Applications will be reviewed by a dedicated committee within TnBAA. Recipients will be selected based on academic achievements, the quality of their personal statement, demonstrated interest in business aviation, and potential contributions to the industry.